Let's see I don't really like blogging anything while our camera is out of commission, cause it just doesn't seem as interesting.... but here's what we've been up to.
My parents watched the three girls on Sat. the 1st so Jeff and I could celebrate our anniversary (which was on the 11Th.). We were completely lost as to what to do without kids in tow. We drove around for awhile, sat at the house and debated on things to do. Than we ended up just grabbing some food and renting some movies for a night at home, without kids. You know we always say how nice it would be to have a break from the girls, but when it comes down to it we have no idea what to do with ourselves and end up just talking about them.
Then all last week Piper was participating in a community children's theater. They put on a different version (50's style) Cinderella. Piper being one of the youngest in the group was casted as a pumpkin. Not much to the role, some dancing and maybe one or two lines, it was a good experience for her first play. She loved the entire week, meeting new friends and hanging out with older kids. Unfortunately, I was unaware of the popularity of the show and didn't buy additional tickets before show date (Friday night). So my parents and Bonnie were turned away at the door, I felt so horrible ( Sorry you guys, I'll definitely be more on top of things the next time). Riley and I were able to see the show and it was pretty good for a group of kids learning it all in just 4 days! Piper enjoyed it and wants to try it out again next year, where she is looking forward to meeting up with her new theater friends (she doesn't seem to care that it would be an entire year before she sees them, since she never got their number, and sometimes couldn't even remember their names!).
Monday was Jeff and I's official anniversary. We took Savannah and Riley to the Mall of America and the Nickelodeon Universe thingy. Riley went on three rides (cutting her lip on the little tiny roller coaster) and Savannah went on the carousal. We think that the carousel may have scared her a bit, Jeff said she was shaking on it, and then that night she woke up screaming from what I'm guessing was a nightmare, because I've never heard her wake up that way before. We than grabbed some lunch at um god I forgot the name... Dave's Barbecue? You know the barbecue restaurant next to Kokomos on the third floor. It was really good, it had been awhile since we had real good barbecue, the girls even finished their plates.
As for updates on the girls.... Savannah has developed a new technique. Now when I'm cooking dinner or lunch she has found a way to climb up on her own onto the high chair. Its pretty impressive. Riley is same ... talkative as always, missing Piper when she's away. She now has gotten to always wearing this chunky peach pearl necklace, only taking it off for a bath. I keep forgetting to register her for the local preschool, I hope there is still a spot.
Well that's about it for now, I'm hoping to get the camera running by this weekend, than my page should be a bit more interesting.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Catch up
Posted by Andrea Ruch at 5:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I was bummed that I missed Piper's play, but glad to here that it went well!! I'll make it next year...
Happy Belated Anniversary!
Love, Les
Post a Comment