The girls ready to play in the snow.
I think Kingstin looks just like Daddy!
The days go by so fast, I can't believe that it is going to be Christmas in a week! We keep meaning to put up our decorations but the day just flies by and before we know it its time to put everyone to bed. I don't think we have even gotten more than 5 presents that we need to give yet. We are going to do something a little different with our "little" family (Riley's term for Jeff and I and the kids), to save money we are going to have our Christmas celebration after New Years. Last year we noticed that all the toys we had bought were about half as much just a week after Christmas, so we told the girls that if they are just a little patient that they could get more gifts if we did it a little bit later. They are going to get one gift on Christmas Eve and then of course Santa gifts.
Next week Jeff's mom and sister are going to come and visit for about a week. It will be the very first time that I have ever had overnight visitors, so I'm a little bit nervous. They are really looking forward to seeing the kids, they haven't seen any of them in over a year so they will be surprised at how much they have changed. It will also be really nice to have a couple extra hands around to help out with the kids, maybe even get a night out!
Kingstin is now 12 days old and had his two week appointment today. He has gained a whole pound since he left the hospital! Last Wednesday he had his circumcision at the clinic (MA doesn't cover it, its apparently cosmetic, and the hospital charges four times as much as the clinic does). It was so hard to stand out in the hall and hear him cry out in pain and then when we changed him he was all covered in blood. It was so sad to see your little baby like that, and Jeff was almost shaking at the thought of his little man having that done to his penis (I call it his peeni for future notice). He was a tough little guy though and only seemed bothered when we had to re wrap the gauze bandage. He is now all healed and and looks as good as all the other little boys out there. Now he has developed his own little daily schedule, he loves all the noise that is around our house and sleeps most of the day with just about half an hour wake time every couple of hours. Then he wakes up around 6 and stays awake most of the night until 12am.Ica tell that the quietness that comes about when the girls go to bed bothers him, he gets pretty cranky right around 9pm and stays that way till he finally falls asleep at midnight. He is a great nighttime sleeper, much better than I remember the girls being. After he falls asleep at midnight he only wakes up at 5 and then again at 7 or 7:30, so he ends up being my little alarm clock!
The girls continue being great with him, they all adore him and are trying to make him happy (sometimes trying too hard!). The only problems we really have are with them touching him while he's sleeping and Savannah not knowing what is a nice touch or a hard/bad touch. She tends to play this hitting game that Piper has taught her and thinks its OK to hit someone, and then laughs when you scold her, we are trying to teach her, but its hard when she thinks its funny when you yell at her or punish her.
Other than the kids, well that's most of our life. I've been cleaning like mad, now that the baby is born I can move around so much better and have this urge to keep things tidy. That is pretty much all I do, clean and tend to the kids. We are planning on going to Florida for a couple days after Christmas (however my mom just broke her leg so I'm not sure what's going to be up with that) so that should be a nice break, especially from this freezing snow!








1 comments:
Oh, he is SO cute! Sounds like you guys are doing great...hope your mom is okay, ouch!
Post a Comment