Well we've been home for a few days so I thought I'd catch you up on how Kingstin's birth went. I was not feeling great all day on Friday so I pretty much just laid around all day, then at about 4:30 I started feeling a little bit of pain. I wasn't sure cause I had been feeling some pain a lot lately so I just sort of hinted to Jeff that maybe we should get some stuff ready just to have things prepared. Then at around 6 I knew that this was the real thing, but I think Jeff was still unsure thinking that I was just hoping too hard since it was the actual due date. I let him know that it was Not all in my head and I was in labor, so he went into gear and ran around the house trying to get both girls together while having a mild anxiety attack.
It was snowing pretty good and the roads were slick so we had to drive slow. I was not very happy at this moment since we had to drive from Chaska to Edina during rush hour and I was in a lot of pain. My girls births were so fast and I never felt too much pain until the very end, so I was very freaked out that he would come out on the drive there since I was feeling so much pain. We did get to the hospital and my parents met us at the door to get the girls. We than went up to the maternity ward to get checked out... and guess what I was only at 3-4cm! Ok, so I was not happy at this news. By the time I had gone to the hospital with the girls I had always been at least a 6 if not 7-8, so I got a bit nervous that this would be a much more painful/longer labor. I decided after one dose of an IV painkiller and a couple hours of pain that I would get an epidural. I had never gotten one before and was a bit unsure of them, but I knew that I had become a chicken and couldn't deal with much more pain. So, I got the epidural and then the Dr. broke my water and an hour later I started feeling pressure. Ok, so here is the biggest difference with the epidural... with the girls pushing was soooooo painful and I scream and cried, but now I didn't even know that I was pushing him out! Everyone was like ok he's out, you have a baby, and I was like what? really I didn't even feel a thing, it was very weird. I have no idea why I hadn't done it before, its amazing that you don't feel a damn thing!
So Kingstin was born at 12:21 am on Saturday, everyone was overjoyed that we finally had a boy. Jeff is especially happy, he now has a little buddy at home. He is healthy and happy, good size (8lbs 14oz) but a little smaller than Savannah was. We didn't have a name for him and stressed about it all day Sat. but finally came up with Kingstin Henri Ruch that night. I had liked the name Henry for awhile, however Jeff hated it. As a joke Jeff had been calling him Little King, and I of course said no way are we naming our kid Little King. Then that night we sat debating names and joking around with silly ones for what seems hours, I than thought of Kingstin. Jeff liked it, but was unsure of it and if he would be teased for it or if people would not like it (which his mother does not like it at all). I like it though and think its a unique cute name, yet strong for a boy, so he finally agreed and we made it official.
So, that's the story of Kingstins birth and name. We have been busy busy busy since then, not really have much time at all to rest. Between the girls, doctor appt.s, Christmas stuff and everything else that always goes wrong in our lives we haven't had a single moment of rest. I think I have slept maybe 2 or 3 hours each night, not just because of Kingstin getting up but also I just can't rest well enough to fall asleep and my body is so sore I can't get comfortable. I don't remember my body hurting this much from having the girls, I must be getting old!
The girls are very obsessed with him, they want to help and stare at him and kiss him and touch him constantly. I don't see too much jealousy yet, but they are very busy loving him right now, so we'll have to see how things get when they are used to him. Anyway enough for now, I'll update you on our enlarged family soon.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Kingstin's Birth
Posted by Andrea Ruch at 11:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment