So, I was just looking through some blogs and I got reminded of a certain person that is having a baby, that also just last Feb. (when my grandmother passed away) decided to "unfriend" me on facebook. Well first is my real problem which was with the "unfriending", ok so facebook is full of people that you hardly know... people that you talked to once in school or at work or is a friend of a friend and you have those people on there as friends. Yet, someone that I've known for, well since 2nd grade, and have been friends with on and off since that time decides that I'm just too negative for her to deal with, so she unfriended me and I'm barred from her facebook in return. Well now that I know she is pregnant, very pregnant, I realize that at that time she was in her 1st or 2nd trimester so perhaps she is or was just a bit extreme due to the hormones that run through your crazy head at the time during your pregnancy. Ok, knowing her, she would probably do it anytime..... but hoping for the sanity and well being of human kind, Americans and my children's future, there are not sane people out there that just stop being your friend after a lot of bad and good past events/times because your negative. Not to mention, my Grandmother just died, I was living in a home with a crazy nut that did everything in her power to make me miserable, I wasn't able to see my first born child since we moved to a home we owned that happened to be in Kansas.... and I was just very sad and lonely and depressed. Why is it not ok to say the truth about yourself on facebook? I was sad, did you want me to talk about the latest recipe I got, or how we were remodeling the kids room, really are you that materialistic and fake? I don't know, I keep getting in trouble but I say how I feel and to tell you the truth when you talk to people about yourself and your honest, they like you better and they trust you and well you are seen as a much better person then if you talk of only non serious topics. So, you stupid little minds out there, stop judging me on facebook or hell on here if you do, because in reality when we are together I'm the one you will find more appealing because of just what you hate that I do on the Internet, because I'm honest and open.
Ok.... so that's that bit.....Now my next topic that is pissing me off: rental houses and credit reports.... I have a horrible credit score due to me being stubborn and wanting to pay for college without my Grandfather's help. Of course as usual I didn't have the money to pay the loans back or when I did there where always more pressing issues to attend to aka: my kids and their happiness. So, I have bad credit, my rental history is excellent.. never late always got my deposits back, never a word against us from land lords.... I would say that, that would matter more. Not to mention that I can pay WITH CASH the deposit and six months of the rent ahead of time. I just don't' get it, I understand that with the economic downfall that they are trying to protect their ass, but yet how the hell are people getting into homes? Anyway, we are looking at apartments now, which with the amenities that are added may be an ok thing in the end, as long as its a really good apartment that is.
My next complaint is that as a mother that stays at home I like to schedule things, like its one of my favorite things. I love activities and figuring out which ones to go to and then figuring out how to puzzle it all together to fit our schedule. Ok, well anyway I hate that the programs don't figure out farther ahead of time when they are going to hold classes for the next session. I want to know the fall schedule now so I have time to figure out what I can do and how to work it around school and work and everything else. I understand that they need to know their staff information and that they may be working on new classes and such, but I have a life to schedule and I want the information for the next season at the beginning of the current season, it would just work a lot better for me, which this blog is all about so yes.
Also to go along with that, why are men so against activities? I swear all the women I talk to are like me and put the kids or want to put them in this or that and this and that, and the men are always like: why do you need more than one or two things, isn't that too much time? isn't that too much money for activities? Why do they need that now, can't they wait? Ok, no most of the time they can't wait, because you have to get them in at 3 in so many sports just to have them form their brains and bodies to perform for that activity or sport, and have you ever spent a summer with a child that has no activities? If you haven't I assure you it sucks, especially when they get older, they expect plans to be made up for them now days, they have no clue how to entertain themselves anymore. I then get in my mode where I look at them shocked and puzzled and say when I was their age I was left home alone with my older sister all summer with nothing to do but find a game for myself, and how we played alone most of the time and were extremely lucky to have any sort of "family day", which somehow has turned into everyday for us... I'm glad my kids have us, but geez I'm tired of them especially if they whine while we are doing things for their benefit.... is it just a different generation, or am I just doing the opposite of my childhood?
Alright, enough for today... I don't think anybody reads this, perhaps my husband checking if I say a mean thing about him, but other then that I'm writing for myself is what I'm guessing. Which is actually ok.... I don't' mind if its just me out here.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Random thoughts.... as usual I guess
Posted by Andrea Ruch at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Expressing your thoughts in writing is therapeutic, whether or not anyone ever reads it...which obviously some people do ;-)
I read this! So keep posting, OK? And definitely keep expressing your thoughts because it's better than just holding it in. You should look for apartments in Bloomington... ;)
Hey Andrea, I am reading this too and actually Brent is the one that told me to check it out because you upadated, ha, he reads it too. Keep writing, it's good for you!
Post a Comment