Sorry I haven't had time to post or write too much. We have been very busy with the holidays. Thanksgiving went very well, we loved being back in MN, especially the kids since they got to be with Piper and their Nana and cousins.
Unfortunately our car broke down right out of Clear Lake Iowa, so we spent a night there and then crammed into Grandpa Johns car to get back to Nana's house in time for Thanksgiving Dinner. We spent the entire time with Melissa and Olivia shopping and seeing the Holidazle parade and just being able to hang out together again. It was nice to be with one another after so long of a break. I do have to say that it is the best way for me, even though it is far. As the baby of the family I just needed to move away to get off of the baby personality wagon. I was always chasing after some sort of relationship from family and even friends that was never going to happen. Everyone else moved on, and I just was still waiting for some miracle to happen where I felt important and someone that people wanted and needed to be with and that just was never going to happen.
Now that we have moved I've had to be the woman of the family and start our own life and build everything from scratch, so I guess now I am important and needed here. It wasn't easy to get to this point... we see, well Riley and I , a counselor every week to work through what has happened over the last year for Riley and well over my entire life for me. I can already see that in a couple years that Savannah will be ready for a counselor too. Its funny to think that when I was young my mom threatened me with seeing a counselor so I would shape up, and how the world has changed. I think it is so good for the kids to have someone to talk to and not have to worry about hurting mom or dads feelings, especially for Riley, she just wants to make everyone happy, that I worry that she will just say whatever I want her to say.
Anyway, I've been busy busy busy with doctor appointments, girl scout events and getting all the holiday stuff taken care of. STRESS has totally been a huge factor in the house but that is again just part of the month.
Due to the car problems we are of course again shopping last minute, so hopefully there will be some deals... maybe you never know. I just wanted to ship the gifts to MN so we didn't have to worry about shoving them into the car, I hope I get it all in at the beginning of the week!
OK, so If you don't hear from me again, have a happy holiday and New year, love all that give love back!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Busy Holiday Days
Posted by Andrea Ruch at 8:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Good luck with the Christmas shopping! I still have to do that too...
If you are still doing some last-minute when you're here in MN, let me know and I'll join you!
See you soon :)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Andrea! Will you be in Mankato at all over the holidays? Let me know if their is a chance to get together at all.
Post a Comment