CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Savannah's First Hair Cut!


















Yes I know that the first hair cut is usually something that happens with in the first year or perhaps 18 months of a child's life, and I did personally trim Savannah's bangs (which was not a good idea), however I just couldn't bring myself to cut her hair until now. All my girls had beautiful ringlets as babies, they were all so adorable with their curls! Unfortunately after that first hair cut the curls disappeared and they now have straight silky smooth hair ( Well Piper's is a bit more like mine and does frizz, but no longer does she have her darling curly cues). So, the same has happened to Savannah she has had her few little ringlets at the end of her hair, but the rest is straight.
Anyway, I decided that it was time to take another step towards big girl status and cut off her beloved baby curls. We went to a kids salon called Shear Madness, which is completely set up for kids with seats that are little cars and every kids movie you can think of. In the front of the shop there is a small store area with tons of goodies, I now have an idea of a good stocking stuffer store! Savannah was shy and unsure of the entire process, so she keep on her sour face the entire time not saying a word to myself or anyone else. We then received a souvenir paper since it had been her first cut, with a before and after picture and a small curl left over ( I kept a bigger chunk for myself to put away). For the picture the stylist put a couple cute braids on the side of Savannah's hair, it was just adorable! All in all I think it went well, Savannah was shy and quiet while in the salon, but as soon as we got in the car she was all smiles and happiness. So, my youngest girl, my quiet introverted baby girl is looking a little bit more sophisticated, yet as adorable as ever!

0 comments: