I've just watched a movie about the way that we now produce our food... of course I already know all the icky bad things that are involved, its just so much worse to see them. I have always been a whatever person when buying food or pretty much all products. The new "clean, green" faze has been a pain in my ass. It just really bothers me and the people that are obsessed with it annoy the crap out of me (sorry if this happens to be one of your causes). I just think that it has become such a fad and people are blindly following what the celebrities and rich bored people have caught on to for the year. I do know that there are plenty of people that do know all about it and have full knowledge and are doing all they can because it is something that they believe in. I also just think that it is just the cool thing to be all about and they want to look politically correct so they buy organic. Anyway, so I'd have to say I change my mind as of now... watching that movie was just too much. I don't mind killing a cow to have a dinner for my family, but seriously do we really have to treat them the way that those factories are treating them. Its not even just the animals, the employees are treated just as bad, considering that most are illegal and so just seen as indispensable to the companies. This is what has made (well one part) America just a horrible country.
We were raised to believe that we lived in the best place in the world, strong and right and giving to all those in need. Now as an adult I see this country as a spoiled self-centered child. I'm ashamed of being a part of this society, and yet I would never move. This is my home.... But, then again I thought that the part of this country that was so fabulous is that the people are what makes it up, we make the choices the decisions. So, shouldn't I be happy with what we have this is what we all voted for, what we asked for isn't it? Ahhh... but that would be the problem, the majority of society are a bunch of idiots. Really I mean look at the people next to you in line at the store, or stopped at the stop light, the world is full of completely stupid people. They vote for things that they most likely would never live as in their own household.... they hold their neighbors up to higher standards then they would ever think of living up to in their own lives. Its absurd and stupid, I vote and yet nothing I've ever voted for has ever passed. I didn't vote for Obama.... I'm sorry to my generation but please are you all completely blind? The man is a salesman to highest degree, do you think that he could ever give you even an inch of the promises he spilled out to you? I don't know... I'm not political, but I do know when I see a country that is going wrong and chasing dreams and lies to make themselves feel better.
OK, so I started off with the food thing and the movie. So to you all out there that are green and such.... I've decided that I'm going to go as clean and organic as possible. Its not just the movie, so no I'm not just getting on some wagon cause of some dumb thing I watched, I've been doing a lot for myself lately and needing a feeling of clean is something that I've been searching for, so perhaps this will help. I also just can't imagine giving anything to the type of people out there that feel its OK to treat animals and people so unbelievably horrible so they can have more money to spend on something I'm sure I would disagree with also.
OK off my soapbox..... I'll talk about the kids I promise! Riley had an open dance session tonight so I will upload a video from that soon OK. Love you all, hope you don't hate me for my unpopular views.
Monday, November 9, 2009
A jump on my soapbox
Posted by Andrea Ruch at 10:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment