CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Chaska Parade

Yesterday we decided to check out the parade that they have here in Chaska. My sister really wanted to bring Liv to one this summer, preferably a small town one. It was pretty last minute, deciding just a couple hours before it started to head out. Not having been to a small town parade since I'm not sure when I was worried about getting a good spot at the last minute. However, when we got downtown there was hardly anyone sitting out! From what I remember of the North Mankato parade if you went just an hour before it started you got a pretty sucky spot, so I was pleasantly surprised. We found a really good spot on a grassy area near the front, with a huge area behind us for the girls to play on. The parade itself was very short, only lasting 20 minutes. But, they handed out the most candy that I've seen in a long time! I had brought along just a small sandwich baggie to put the candy in so it would look like we got more, but we ended up completely filling up three of them plus some more on the side. All in all it was a good time, nice day lots of candy. So I'd have to say parade wise the Chaska parade sucks a bit, but for kids its good. Its short so they don't lose too much interest, and there are tons and tons of free candy thrown out to grab. Savannah even got into the action, she headed out searching for any left over candy each time the big kids grabbed it all. She got very angry when there was none left and was not very happy that we kept her from heading down the street in search of some more, it was very cute.

0 comments: